Monday 22 August 2022

Royal Winton - 'Tulip' - 'Harvest Lily' Indoor Watering Can and crochelf Tulip

 











Hello! 

My name is Lena and I am the amigurumi designer and textile artist. When I discovered the art of amigurumi I fell in love and now my amigurumi style and my amigurumi creations is a little all over my mind, all over my place and I'm a bit of an amigurumi dabbler.

My amigurumi creations are inspired by many things, but my main influences are wood and garden fairies, elves and other little mystical creatures.
I always need a steady line-up of potential projects or I can’t think straight enough to know that I’m not in the process of crafting at that very moment.

After about 10 minutes of quiet, having just woven in the ends of my last amigurumi, I am beginning to squirm around, picking over different images in my mind and seeking out what might satisfy the itch. Luckily, it usually don't take long for a number of new creatures suggestions and I can be pretty picky, which is not a good thing when my sanity depends on constantly choosing new projects.

I never have any patterns and I have hardly any clues as to how the end-result will be achieved.

In the end my reaction to my new adorable crochet creature is my smiley face and love appeal to my creative emotions.

My new creatures belong in the storybook, fairy-tale enchantment of the imagination.  They exist as amusing three-dimensional characters in their own right. So, as an textile artist and maker I choose to create  my creatures because it make me happy they are appeal to my emotions.

Start every crochet project is a beginning an intriguing and exciting adventure!
In fact, I participate in my own voyage of discovery in the designing of my creatures.

Stitch-by-stitch the creature - my crochelf -  comes to life and when completed there is a marvelous sense of achievement.  I created a sweet little three-dimensional work of soft sculpture, just by following my imagination.

Family and friends who witnessed this wonder often are astonished.  I began with needles,  yarn and an imagination, then by my own creative efforts, turned them into a lovable little creature.  
 
And no two creatures can ever look exactly alike, even when crocheted from the same pattern, because I always put something of my-selves emotions and today's mood into the creation.  Therefore, every creature has its own distinctive personality.
 

And then there is the hilarious side of my creating where I can get to crochet the most amusing things.  When anyone asks what you are crocheting I can stop them in their tracks by answering ‘Crochelf I suppose, I don't know exactly...'




Perhaps best of all, with my creatures you will never run out of reasons to have it.  You can buy them as gifts for birthdays, as mascots, for weddings, anniversaries, special occasions and decorations for Christmas … the list is endless.



 You can buy them to raise funds for charity.  
There are so many wonderful ways to make others happy with this wonderful creatures.
Now I am crocheting smiles into the world!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment